I’m not a big fan of going to the grocery store, especially when it’s packed with people. Not only do you have to deal with too many carts in the aisles, the waits at the check seem to last an eternity. If you want to avoid the crowd, don’t go shopping at these times:
- Weekends. It seems like Sunday is the busiest of the two days.
- Weekday afternoons between 4 and 7PM. This is when the on the way home from work crowd packs it in.
- During or just before a holiday weekend like Fourth of July and Memorial Day. If you wait this long you’ll have to deal with all the grillers getting ready for the big cookout.
- The day the weatherman predicts a big winter/rain storm to come in. People will ransack the grocery store to stock up on supplies. Not only will the grocery store be packed, everything will probably be gone
- The afternoon before a holiday. Make sure to buy your Thanksgiving or Christmas Turkey at least a week in advance. You’ll avoid the crowds.
Are there any other times you try to avoid grocery shopping? Drop me a line and add to the conversation.
If you enjoyed this post, then make sure to subscribe to my RSS Feed.
The internet has made Shopping for everything a whole new experience. With hundreds of Shopping Feeds to choose from, search engine based, like Yahoo shopping or a smaller shopping network. whatever you are searching for you can get great Deals online.
[tags]food, grocery shopping, The Frugal Law Student, frugal[/tags]