Facebook is an amazing social network and it is better than ever with the addition of the market place and the application platform. Start leveraging Facebook’s awesome social network to make and save you money. Here are 10 ideas to get you started.
- Sell your old stuff in Facebook Marketplace. Facebook’s Marketplace is much like Craig’s List. Listing items are free, so you don’t lose money in commissions like you do on eBay. What makes Facebook’s Marketplace really cool is that others can see in your profile what you’re selling. So, you get free advertising for your product as well.
- Buy stuff on Facebook Marketplace. If you want to save money, buying used is the way to go. In the Marketplace you can find cars, TVs, furniture, ect. You can potentially save hundreds of dollars doing your shopping in Facebook’s Marketplace.
- Find a Roommate on Faceboook’s Marketplace. In addition to selling stuff in the Marketplace, you can post roommate wanted bulletins. One of the best ways to save money on rent and utilities is to split them with one or more people. You can decide whether your post shows to the entire Facebook network or just your local network. Your posting in Marketplace will be seen in your profile, so all your friends will see you’re looking for a roommate. So, instead of ending up with a mystery roommate, you have a good chance of finding someone you know.
- Get a job in Facebook’s Marketplace. Your next job could come from Facebook! Companies and individuals can post “help wanted ads” in Facebook’s Marketplace. You can also post a “job wanted” posting. I’ve posted one for blog consulting, no one has yet to take me on it, but we’ll see what happens.
- Install the Ether application. Ether is a really cool Facebook application that allows you to make money while giving advice to people over the phone. If you’re an expert at Spanish or some other school subject, you can charge people for your tutoring services. You set the rates and Ether provides a number that individuals can call. The call will then be forwarded to your personal telephone number.
- Install YouCam, Chatterbox, or the Walkietalkie application. These applications allow voice over protocall on Facebook. Instead of wasting valuable cell phone minutes talking to your friends, do it for free with one of these applications.
- Install the Lending Club application. Lending Club is a peer to peer lending service like Prosper. You lend money to others and they pay you back with interest. If used correctly, Lending Club can be a great investment tool.
- Install the Books application. The Books application lists the book you’ve been reading in your profile. You can connect with your friends who are also using the Books applications to trade books with each other. You’ll save money by not buying new.
- Promote your blog on Facebook. If you have a blog that you monetize, use Facebook as another tool to increase traffic. Add a feed from your blog to your Notes section so others can see what you’re writing. If they like what they read, they’ll come to your blog. You can also create a Facebook group dedicated to your blog to help promote it. Get all your friends to join it and all your friends’ friends to join it. Pretty soon you’ll have a group from which you can get more readers from.
- Save money on photos. My favorite feature on Facebook is the ability to share photos with your friends. Instead of printing off expensive rolls of film, just upload your pics from the latest get together on Facebook. If you find a picture you’d like to print, you can order one directly from Facebook at a pretty reasonable price.
If you enjoyed this post, then make sure to subscribe to my RSS Feed.
[tags] Facebook, Facebook Marketplace, money, personal finance, Ether[/tags]