September was a great month for The Frugal Law Student. The biggest news was the redesign of the site. This was the first time I heavily customized a website using CSS, but I think it turned out great. During September we had 8,454 visitors. That was an increase of over 1,000 since August. RSS subscriptions fluctuated wildly during September, but I maxed out at 448! My goal this month is to reach the 500 mark in subscriptions.
Plans For The Frugal Law Student
I’ve been brain storming on how to make the blog better and create more sense of community on the site. Here’s a list of actions I plan on implementing on the site in the next month:
- I’ve had requests to bring back my debt progress graph. If any of you read my blog since the beginning, you’ll know I had a graph charting my progress paying back my law school debt. Readers expressed that seeing someone else’s progress motivated them in their quest to pay back their debt. I also think people are just interested in other people’s money. Nonetheless, the chart will be back. I haven’t decided, yet, whether to put it in the sidebar or have it’s own separate page called “The Damage.” What do you all think?
- Commenter created tips posts. Each week, I’ll pose a problem or question and ask readers to submit their best tips for solving that problem or answering that question by way of commenting. It would be great if readers suggested topics as well. At the end of the week, I’ll collaborate the tips posted in the comments and create a post out of it. I want my readers to take an active part in creating content on The Frugal Law Student and assisting in the direction of the blog. What do you all think?
- Daily links. Yay or nay? What do you all think about the daily links? I like doing it because 1) it allows me to easily support other bloggers by promoting their articles; 2) it’s a great way to provide my readers with information that they might find useful; and 3) it’s a great way for me to promote old posts that I’ve written. But I’ll stop doing it if enough people disapprove.
Most Popular Posts
When I updated the site, I forgot to put the Google Analytics code in. Consequently, I don’t know what the most read posts were. But here’s a quick list of posts you should definitely check out.
- 12 Meals that are Easy, Cheap, and Healthy
- The Frugal Law Student’s Free Soundtrack For Maximum Productivity
- Save over $1440 A Year By Brown Bagging It
- 12 Ways To Save Money On Your Wedding
- Do It Yourself Pottery Barn Halloween Countdown Calendar
To make sure you don’t miss a post on The Frugal Law Student, make sure to subscribe:
You’d also do me big favor if you added me to your Technorati Favorites