If you’re like me, you love your Moleskine, but hate having to lug around one more thing in your pants pockets. With a cell phone and wallet already occupying valuable pocket real estate, the addition of the Moleskine can make your bottom half start to feel bulky. I thought about getting one of David Allen’s NoteTaker Wallets, in order to combine my wallet with the note taking functionality of the Moleskine, but they’re $90! As a law student who’s taking on student debt, I can not bring myself to drop $90 for a wallet.
So, here’s the next best thing. Hack your Pocket Moleskine into a fully functioning wallet. The Moleskine already has a folder in the back that serves as a great place to keep paper money and receipts. What it’s lacking is a convenient place to store your credit cards. This hack fixes that. By combining your wallet with the Moleskine, you’ll have one less things to carry.
What We’re Going For
Pretty cool, huh? Let’s get started on your Moleskine wallet.
- Credit card holder template
- Light card stock (100-120 gsm)
1. Print off the credit card holder template that I’ve provided. Cut them out.
2. Fold the tabs on the cutout. I usually fold the tabs around a credit card to make sure I get precise and snug fold.
3. Apply glue on the side of the tab facing out, like this.
4. Place the first holder at the top of your Moleskine. I placed my credit card holders next the folder on the back cover. You can put your’s where ever you want.
5. Layer the subsequent holders in a stagnated fashion until you get to the bottom, so it will look like this.
6. Let dry. You’re done!
Here’s what it looks like closed:
It’s a little full, but has worked out for me pretty well for me. Now, I never forget to have my Moleskine with me. If anybody else has suggestions, please feel free add them to the comments.